fuji or terrell

bobsusancart

When looking for rear axle oil seal on 84 cc I see reference to fuji or terrell axles. How do you know one from the other. I have my axle out and it isn't marked, it's probably a dimension thing because each has a different seal.
wacko.gif

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
I called the local golf cart dealer and asked your question. A Terrell axle is a one piece all silver housing. The Fuji housing has black bolt on axle tubes. I hope this answers your question.

bobsusancart

Didn't see the black bolt you refer to, the axle has a spring behind the flange that brake drum bolts to, the spring pushes the bearing to a collar that has a small retainer in a groove in the axle. You can push the collar and the bearing toward the flange and see the small retainer, you'd need three hands to get it off. The oil seal rides on the collar. The axle tube has a flange and four bolts that hold the brake baking plate and more bolts at the other end that hold it to the differential, it's all one piece, so I guess it's a terrell. My local cart guy didn't know so he ordered parts for both terrell and fuji 'cause he wants to stock everything. When the parts come in tomorrow I'll see what fits and pass the info on. Thanks to HotRodCarts and Gonzo!
tip.gif

bobsusancart

The more I look at this thing..the seal goes on the collar behind the bearing and the collar moves on the axle so whats to keep oil from going between the collar and the axle and bypassing the seal? Huh?
dazed053.gif

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
Your rear end housing, not the axle itself. Is it all silver or does it have black axle tubes?
All silver. is a Terrell axle.
Bolted on black axle tubes is a Fuji axle.

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
Thank you. I borrowed the pictures from EBay, shhhhh don't tell. Let us know how it turns out.

bobsusancart

Now that I know it's a fugi, I was able to get the right oil seal, its all back together. Now I need to know how much oil to put in it. There's a rubber plug in the driver side of the differential, nearly an inch in diameter and maybe two inches above the axle. I was told by to fill it 'til it overflows but that seems like maybe too much. On the passenger side of the differential there's a 5/16 bolt on the top of the axle tube. After I filled it with oil I could see a drip coming from that bolt. There's no gasket on the bolt and it doesn't look like a plug but maybe you remove the bolt and fill 'til it flows from there and not from the hole nearer the top of the differential housing. Anyone have a clue? Thank you all for your help so far, I wouldn't have guessed that those were ebay pics, I was impressed.
wink.gif

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
Actually the silver axle is a Yamaha Drive axle and the other is an EZ-GO. I realize you have a Club Car but, I got my point across and you understood the difference.

bobsusancart

Yep, those pics illustrated the difference, brand doesn't matter. I showed them to the local cart guy who showed them to his techs, they say they've only seen 1 or 2 of the all silver axles so I guess most are fugi's. Thanks again
tip.gif