FS: Plum Quick 48 v CC Motor

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's their basic motor, set up for 48 volts. That's all I know about it. It's still in the box they shipped it in and hasn't been used since they re-worked it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The only thing on it is a sticker that says reconditioned and modified for performance, 48 volts, dyno tested. And the PQ logo. It's a series wound motor for non-regen. It's the motor they list on their website for $255.00 + shipping. They don't give any specs on the website either.
dazed053.gif

JRay

Cartaholic
It would work on my 90 cc, Just don't know if its any better then a couple motors i have sitting on the shelf here. 300 hundred amp controller should run ok.

JRay

Cartaholic
I have a 4.7 hp, 4200 rpm motor on the shelf. The reason for all my ?'s, was wondering if it was better then mine. If it is a better motor i will buy it. I will ask around a little. I like throwing gravel and out running my buddies stock 02 gasser.

JRay

Cartaholic
Have a hard time getting answers over there for some reason. They read all these forums anyway, they can answer here. HRC won that motor on the monthly giveaway, didn't think it would be appropiate to be asking about that motor over there.

JRay

Cartaholic
Sorry riverrat, I'm pretty sure that motor will not work on an ezgo. HRC has ezgo's and he can't use it on his carts.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's hard to get any info on their motors. They don't advertise a HP or RPM rating at PQ and really with the electric golf cart motors most manufactures lie about it anyway lol... From what I've read here and on other forums it seems like it's 50 50 on people liking the results they get with the PQ motors on stock voltage. And the ones that swear by them are all running high voltage so you really can't tell much from that considering a stock motor will perform well with the higher voltages.
dazed053.gif

JRay

Cartaholic
I know it is a hard ? to get a straight answer on. Some were running 48 but all different motors, bad boys beasts etc, from what i have read. Now some have gone to 72, 64 volts. Near as i can figure its at least a grand for new batteries and a charger. I did that last year when i switched my 90 to 48, cartin ain't cheap when you start converting stuff. My
twocents.gif
is buy the newest cart you can afford, cheaper in the long run.

30-A rider

According to the Plum Quick Forum they conservatively rate the motor at a 20% increase in hp and Tq but those who have purchased them claim more like 35% -40%. Regardless the worst #'s Ive heard with the stock controller was 18 mph with good torque. The best #'s Ive heard with a 400 amp controller were was 26 mph with great torque. for the money, for someone who doesnt want to put a lot of $$$ into thier cart and increase perfromance......$150-200 + shipping is a good deal.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I installed this motor in a Club Car I bought over the weekend to see for myself how the PQ motor performed. I GPS'ed the cart before the motor change at 13.4 MPH. After motor change it ran 14.1 and seems to have less torque than the stock motor. The cart has new batteries and all test good. I'm not very impressed with it. I'm glad no one bought this motor from me and it's no longer for sale...