Front End Rebuild

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
What's up with Club Car front end rebuild kits being for 1993 and up?
I've so called searched for a complete front end rebuild kit for my 91, but only looks like I'll have to order one part at a time..
Other than the upper are being different what's the other parts that's not the same?
Not sure if I'll need new king pins yet or not..

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Can't remember the change out year but yours is right there. Older fronts had a heavier leaf spring and some had steering gear before rack and pinion. Also upper a armd ( delta plates) were diff on older models. Best you could do is ca
Hanger everything to 97 or newer. I believe the steering column mounts are the same but not positive. I probably have a few take off front ends at shop. If ya Holler at me during the week I'll take a look. If it's something you can use you pay for the trip and it's yours.
I'll pm ya my cell
Steve

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Yup, that's got the rack and pinion so newer stuff bolts right up. I'll take a look at shop tomorrow. Shoot me a text mid day to remind me

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Found rebuild kits for like $70 on Evil-Bay.. 93 and up, asked the guy about a 91 and he said he would have to get up all the parts for a new kit, and at $155
Told him hell naw.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Put in new king pin bushings and tightened up the very loose delta plate bolts and WOW it feels sooo much better.

But I've been looking at 3" lift kits lately.
Want a lift and 20" tires but worry about how hard it would be getting up in it from my wheelchair.