front end alignment

wolfman

I have a 2005 club car precedent. The front tires wore down excessively. The wear was even across the tires but I feel they wore too much. Could this be an alignment problem and if so, how do I do the alignment.

wolfman

Thanks. I'm new at this and maybe you can help. I measured from inside the rear of the left wheel to the inside of the right wheel and the from the inside the front of the right wheel to the inside of the left wheel. The front is about 3/4of an inch closer than the back. Should I adjust them so the front should be about an 1/8th or 1/4" closer than the rear. Hope my description is OK. The thread count on the tie rods is about even.

wolfman

Thaks very much for the information. When I checked them, they were toed in by about 5/8ths. I set it toed in at about 3/16ths. I appreciate the help. Feels better.

wolfman

Will do. I took it for a test drive over a paver stone drive. The tires used to squeal as I went over this surface, now they are quiet so I think this took care of the problem. Thanks again.