Fresh Start! Couple Old Guys Trying To Get It Done...

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Found drawings and measurements for chassis so that's half the battle. Going to start after Christmas on cushman and get it a roller so I can bring home. Then we build the table. It's already built but set up for stretch carts that we haven't done in awhile. Just gotta square up points for chassis's and finish main structure of my rail buggy and we are on to racing carts! The two shouldn't take more than a few days, cushman and rail that is.

dirtysouth

Pretty pumped about it. I think with what the two of us have we can make a statement at least.
And for the record there will be no conduit or pipe used in the making of these carts :rotflmao:
All Chromoly 1.5 inch .065 and 3/4 inch .065 tubing.

dirtysouth

From what we've talked about so far, GB is going to bring some stuff for the builds. Looking at possibly bolting rear section to front cell and making rear adjustable up and down for different size rear tires.
All this after the holidays so it'll be a minute to get started. As I said, I have to get cushman rolling and engine in and rail cell finished. Should be done with both before he comes to shop.:thumbsup:

GarageBuilt

From what we've talked about so far, GB is going to bring some stuff for the builds. Looking at possibly bolting rear section to front cell and making rear adjustable up and down for different size rear tires.
All this after the holidays so it'll be a minute to get started. As I said, I have to get cushman rolling and engine in and rail cell finished. Should be done with both before he comes to shop.:thumbsup:
Is it ready yet. We had our holidays yesterday and I drove through the night with my trailer. Should I drive around back with the big doors let me in .Merry Christmas guys

dirtysouth

Been doing some sketching. Going to run two mains for the extra weight and probably have rear section bolt on with adjustment for tire size. Should get started end of week, weekend :thumbsup:

dirtysouth

Sorry to say it looks like this project will never come to be. Ronnie, I wish you nothing but the best of the best.:hattip:
I've put all the bs behind me and I hope someday you can do the same. It was fun for a minute. :drive:

dirtysouth

Ehhh - the bug will bite him again, surely he’ll be back.

Maybe so but I'm not doing it. I gotta have a stable commitment before I'll roll all the sh!t out to build chassis's again. Can't see building a chassis and it just sitting in warehouse taking up space. Just got rid of last one a year or two ago. I am officially out of building race cart chassis's