foward/reverse switch sparking

ktmracer82

foward/reverse switch sparking when moved out of nuetral,cart trys to move and key switch is in off position. its a 92 36volt ds,cant figure this one out and scared to let kids ride it in fear of it catching fire

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like the solenoid is stuck. Try tappping on the solenoid and see if it starts working again. If it does replace it with a 36 volt golf cart solenoid.

ktmracer82

i tried tapping on the solenoid today and that didn't fix the problem,i guess i will pick up a new one tomorrow and see if that does it.

shadowman

my suggestion is find the wiring diagram and go over it, these carts can be funny at times and it sounds like you might have one................................................
thumbup.gif

bramb01

I had a similar problem with an 88 Club car DS. I ended up replacing the FR switch and it solved the problem. I also assumed it was the solenoid and replaced that first - my mistake.

shadowman

i think the F&R would be the next thing but before buying one i would go over the old one get everything clean and smooth and cables are in good shape..........if that dosn,t work that a new or rebuilt one if you can find it..................................
thumbup.gif

Andy4639

Key switch off and carts moves when placed in f or r it's the micro switch on pot box or the selonoid has frooze in the on position.
twocents.gif