Fish and Aquariums

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I just cleaned all the filters on all of my aquariums. In December I put a Fluval FX6 on my 125 gallon aquarium and haven't had to clean it until today. It wasn't all that dirty, I could have went a couple more months without cleaning it. Not to bad considering I have at least 40-50 Cichlids in that tank.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I had a 20-25' pond up north. Ended up with two ponds connected with a stream. Putt a shallow well pump in the middle and ran water 24/7. Some of the koi got over a foot long. Had a willow that was 1' tall when I planted it at edge of pond. It was over 50' after 10-12 years.

Pasogal

I have been keeping fish most my life, never tried salt water fish cost to much, I have a 45 community tank with a canister, filter love it. I had a cichlid that would Pile up the gravel so I hot glued it to some plastic mesh I did put some loose in the tank some he would not get frustrated, also have geckos, and frogs

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I just bough 4 small OB Peacock Cichlids today. I'm up to 6 aquariums here. All of them have mostly Cichlids in them with a few catfish and Bristlenose Plecos. If I had room I'd setup a few more. :D

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
We went through the aquarium at the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, MO yesterday...that is very cool if you get an opportunity to tour it. We have been to a handful of large scale aquariums and this one will stand toe-toe with any of them.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There's two Bass Pro Shops near me and they both have good looking aquariums also. I'd hate to do the maintenance of them. :eek:

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
There's two Bass Pro Shops near me and they both have good looking aquariums also. I'd hate to do the maintenance of them. :eek:

ya, I am familiar with those too - this one is much different, it'd takes an easy two hours to see and that is moving along at a fairly good pace, not considering if you are dragging kids along with you.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I just sold my 125 gallon aquarium and all the fish that are in it. One less thing to move into the new house. The guy that bought it will be picking it up tomorrow. I really hate to see it go but I'm not going to have time to keep up on the maintenance once we start moving. I'm sure I'll buy a new one once we settle in the new house.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I got rid of all my aquariums when we moved last year but I'm thinking about buying another tank soon. I miss having the tanks but don't miss the maintenance. :)