Finally Got a Golf Cart - 2000 Club Car DS

mikefla31

Hey guys I have been a lurker on here for a little while but I finally got a Golf Cart.. I bought a 2000 Club Car DS in great shape. Has the extra back seat two week old batts. with year warranty good tires brand new rain curtain it seems to be in great shape its really clean for 1700.00 today in Orlando from a private owner.. Whacha think??? I bought the cart to haul myself and my three kids and wife around at tractor pulling shows we go to i think it will work great for that.. Well im really looking forward to being a part of this community and im sure I will have loads of questions soon lol Take care all, Mike

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum Mike...

It sounds like you got a good deal on the cart. Feel free to post some pics of the new Club Car.
thumbup.gif

JRay

Cartaholic
Sounds good. new batt. and in good condition its worth that. Rear Seat and new batt. are worth a grand or close.

mikefla31

thanks guys Ill try to get some pics tomm. it was raining and dark can't get a good pic in the garage i tried lol..

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
You seem to have gotten a good deal. Most of the time a sparky needs batteries soon after the purchase.

JRay

Cartaholic
As clean as that cart looks, maybe its always been in private ownership? It has been well taken care of by the look. Ya done good.
thumbup.gif

mikefla31

I think it has stayed in the same retirement neighborhood its whole life....thanks guys im happy with it so far... thinking about a 6 inch lift and tires and wheels already though lol

mikefla31

where is a good place to buy a lift kit? I seen a 6 inch with tires and wheels for 600.00 is there anywhere any cheaper than that?

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
That looks like a late 2000.5 to me. You will notice when ordering accessories, that .5 matters sometimes.

Differences Between 1982-2000.5 and 2000.5-Present Club Car DS Models.

oldstyle.jpg
1982-2000.5 DS Model
newstyle.jpg
Club 2000.5-Present DS Model Club Cars

1.1982-2000.5 Club Cars have two distinct seat backs while 2000.5-present models have a connected (one piece) seat back
2.1982-2000.5 Club Cars have silver aluminum top supports while 2000.5-present models have black top supports
3.1982-2000.5 Club Cars have a thin top while the 2000.5-present models have a thicker top with handles on each side of the back third of the top.

Note: Both models shown above were made in the year 2000. Therefore, if your Club Car is a 2000 model, we must know which style (one seat back version or two seat back version) you have so we can provide you the correct accessory or part for your vehicle.

welcome.gif
to Cartaholics and this insane addiction.