Fairplay Kinetek Controller KCCA0038-0028

Tlwhite75

I have a Fairplay cart with a Kinetek Controller KCCA0038-0028 that I picked up and have been messing around with. I had the motor rebuilt a dropped some batteries in it. It was working fine and for some reason, when trying to drive forward it will starts then stops (Very Jerky). But in reverse it seems to drive find. I have checked all my input voltages from F/R switch and foot pedal and none of them are fluctuating and are read smooth. I reversed the polarity of the field windings and it does the same thing but now in reverse and not forward. I reverse the windings back to original and the swap cables for armature and again it will do same thing but in reverse and not forward. I believe the controller has taken a dump on me. Does anyone know which controllers will work in this cart? I haven't had any luck locating a used one and Flight systems wants an arm and a leg for one. Thanks in advance for advise or help that you are able to give.

TW

Zman

Cartaholic
FSIP Sells a retrofit kit with a curtis 1266 controller. connectors fit the harness , no cutting of wires etc.

Flight Systems Industrial Products P/N 64-FRPL-CNV

Zman

Cartaholic
When you buy the XCT make sure it has the correct field map and a 0-5000 throttle, good luck with the wiring.

Tlwhite75

Thanks, are they not programmable through usb? And isn’t it just a molex 16 pin connector on the alltrax. I have a 24 pin molex on the Kinetek , so I should be able to just transfer the pins over to a 16 pin connector.

Zman

Cartaholic
It is not that easy, If you have a 24 pin connector you must have the 400 amp Kinetek controller and the wiring or pin numbers will not mate up to the alltrax controller. You will have to get the wiring diagrams for both and figure out which pins are the same. Can you get the 16 pin connector?
64-HOSS-CNV from FSIP is the correct part number for the conversion to a 400 amp Curtis. Please send a pic so i know for sure what you have for a controller . Fairplay was so good about trying many combinations and it seems no two cart were the same.

ChewyNie

I have a Fairplay cart with the same controller, (kinetek controls kcca0038-0028). I am trying to find a schematic for this cart. Any ideas?

Zman

Cartaholic
Look in the resource section there should be one for a 2008 Fairplay with 300 amp controller. Pre and Post May production.