EZGO Workhorse V-Twin Project

TVAN

Cartaholic
The little trout sniffer is still flying around on it as I am trying to get to sleep. Sounds really nice, his kit came with a bullet type muffler welded to the header, just the right amount of loud and quiet.

TVAN

Cartaholic
I now have 80 hrs on that v twin and still runs great. I have held it wide open down the road for relatively long periods and it holds together. I have the warranty on the engine. It has seen 4950 rpms many times. Seems really reliable so far. The muffler sucks. Vegas Carts now offers a muffler that is welded to the header, my son has that and it is much better than my separate set up.

Just today I installed 8:1 gears. Gave me 10 mph up from 30. 40 feels good.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The muffler sucks. Vegas Carts now offers a muffler that is welded to the header, my son has that and it is much better than my separate set up.
Another member that just installer a Vegas Carts kit mentioned the same thing about the muffler not being the greatest. Other than that he was also VERY happy with the conversion kit.

TVAN

Cartaholic
Looking for a wiring diagram for lights and blinkers for this cart. Trying to get the oem lights working and am a bit confused.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I must be retarded. I can never find that stuff lol

:thumbsup:

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor

:thumbsup:
So this stuff isn't in the Country Club. :rotflmao:

TVAN

Cartaholic
I put 120 hrs on the Predator 670, still runs great and decided to bring it in after 13months since I bought the extended warranty. No problem at all with the exchange, and took the option to warranty this engine for 1 yr for $150. They reminded me that this actually means bring it back in 15 months including the free 90 day warranty already on the engine.
The new engine seems to run a fair amount better, will idle at 850 and I must have changed belt tightness, engine position a little and it now hits 46gps at 4750 rpms. I definitely gained a few mph. I replaced the spring that connects throttle linkage with a solid nicely bent piece of coat hanger. It has a little slack in it and allows for a fast and slow idle. Solved the muffler issue as well, found an after market quad muffler on zon and welded it to the header, then supported it with a muffler hanger to the axle. Works great. Pics to come, I am at cottage away from the cart till Tuesday night.
Have had a lot of fun with this cart, it gets run a lot. Will be welding the crack in engine cradle when home. I plan on disconnecting the 12 volt battery before welding.:yes:

TVAN

Cartaholic
Thank you. One of my newer halogens developed a short, it would start to work again with a tap of a rubber mallet, eventually I cracked it. Wasn’t wanting to spend big bucks on those pieces of junk, and didn’t want to pay the $120 for the new led retrofits so I found these on amazon.