EZGO Workhorse V-Twin Project

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
It eventually got too busy. They went to passes and you had to be there on a Friday to get pass or they'd all be gone. Used to let everyone park on roadside but to many asshats shifting and pissing and dumping trash. Ruined it. Then they closed a bunch of trails so the trucks were coming to the dunes and tearing it up. They'd make it part way up test hill and Bury the bitch and leave ruts big enough to take your kidneys out crossing them

dirtysouth

Yes sir, still dangerous. Idiots don't pay mind to direction. I had a quad almost land on/in my sand rail. Inches and it would a been ugly.
Was a blast for a long time though, Lotta good memories

dirtysouth

So are you right in Mears? We lived south of Kalamazoo in the county seat, Centreville. Population 19 and there were 7 of us :rotflmao:

TVAN

Cartaholic
Been a while but Mears seemed like a very small town. Not sure I have ever been downtown, if that even exists.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
same thing we did here at the dunes until there were to many people crasing into each other then the state got involved now it sucks there

TVAN

Cartaholic
We were at the top of this dune by me, the lake side is climbable with a golf cart, the other side is very steep and a crazy ride down when the sand is soft and you lock the brakes and pray all the way down. On this particular night the ground was frozen and there was a wind row with a drop off at the top. We were standing on top looking down into the darkness thinking ain’t no way we are going down tonight, no more than got those words out and one of the guys we were with went flying off the steep side full speed. Didn’t know what we were seeing. Cart was airborne for a bit then landed and rolled end over end shedding parts as it went down, we thought he was a deadman. Awful noises as it took one final hop near the bottom and crashed into some large tree branches. He lived, not a scratch, and in about an hour we found all the parts, got 3 threads of the tie rods back into the broken ends, washed the tire beads of sand with beer, somehow got tires to bead and take air, for some reason I had some big wire nuts along and we got the battery hooked back up, and he drove the cart home. Crazy epic night! Will never forget it!

TVAN

Cartaholic
That was 4 years ago, I ended up buying that cart from him a year ago, it was the fastest most powerful ezgo I have ever seen. It drove straight. Never understood why.

TVAN

Cartaholic
Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade from a 2 cable shift to the one cable push/pull that the newer EZGO's have? I believe I have seen it done.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Pricey by the time your done, new cable is like $140

I did a electric push button some yrs ago with :censored: i had layin' around.