EZGO Workhorse V-Twin Project

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've always liked the EZGO Workhorse model. Looking forward to seeing this one finished with the Predator V-Twin engine. :thumbsup:

TVAN

Cartaholic
Any opinions about 6:1 or 8:1 high speed gears? Right now I am at around 30 mph at 4300 rpms with stock gears and 22” tires. I am using stock driven clutch with 36 degree cam, swapped the 28 degree out, too low of gearing. Here is my rear end not sure if it is pre 98, it is not original to this cart. These numbers are based on the Predator v twin in my txt and will be installing it in the workhorse, pic of diff is from the workhorse. Thanks

Attachments

Nubs

Cartaholic
All depends on how your going to use it, i would do the engine swap then deal with the gears. i'll run 8:1's for on n off road and get around 45 @5K

TVAN

Cartaholic
Thanks Nubs, I am hoping to stay with in the 4300rpm mark and avoid changing the valve springs and piston rods to rev to 5k. It is plenty powerful stock.

TVAN

Cartaholic
Would a 25 inch tire net the a similar result as the 8:1 gears? I am not a mathematician.

Nubs

Cartaholic
Pretty much, that's the way i would go about it. buy 25's with rims and swap em out if you need more torque at some point:twocents:

TVAN

Cartaholic
No I am just pulling the Vtwin to put in the Workhorse and will put the old 295 back in the txt. Still a strong engine. I kept all oem ignition parts tucked away nice and neat in the txt just in case I found something cooler to put the Vtwin into someday... only took a month to find a cooler cart.

TVAN

Cartaholic
A pic of it in my EZGO TXT with the Vegas Carts install kit. Took about 8 hrs to pull existing engine and cradle then install this. Keeps running better and better as time goes by. I have seen 4700 rpms for a second or so but keep it as close to 4200 max as possible. I love it!
20CC55E3-63CF-42D0-A306-1A983C2A055B.jpeg

TVAN

Cartaholic
The header, muffler, cradle, billet engine mounting plate, cvtech primary clutch, longer shift cables and some misc hardware all for around 730.00. Bought the engine on sale for 649.00 at Harbor Freight. Really good deal and nice stuff! Maybe Aaron (Vegas Carts) will /should become a sponsor?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
We could use a few more reputable sponsors here on the forum. I know Vegas Carts has been around a while and I've never heard any complaints about their products or customer service.

TVAN

Cartaholic
They were very quick to respond to emails and any questions. And there stuff is priced fairly. There is a huge range in pricing for cart parts in general. Nice to find a place that prices fairly and consistently.

I have seen an OEM EZGO TXT rear plastic bumper priced as high as 120 and low as 60 for example, pretty crazy, pays to be savvy.