EZGO Workhorse Surges at Slow Speeds

Comal5

I recently purchased a 2005 EZGO Workhorse with the 352 cc Robin engine. The cart didn't run like I thought it should. It would backfire through the exhaust and carburetor. It did dent have the power I thought it should have. I drained the Gas and filled the tank with 90 octane no ethanol gas changed the spark plugs. None of that seemed to have any effect on the way it ran. Purchased a new carburetor and installed it. Now the cart runs much better but the throttle is so sensitive at low speed it surges. Not sure what to do next Anyone have some suggestion.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I would check the throttle adjustment, make sure the starter switch is not cutting the circuit off at low speed.

Comal5

I don'r want to sound like a dummy but this is my first cart and Im not sure how to do that

Comal5

The throttle is so sensitive when you just barely push on it the cart takes off. Like no control. This did dent happen with the other carb but it didn't run worth dam

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
You need to make sure the starter solenoid engages before the throttle butterfly opens on the carb, check to make sure the butterfly is completely closed when shut off.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
:rotflmao: If that don’t fix it keep it wide open!

My bad. I’m not even supposed to be in these forums

Comal5

Update on the 2005 Workhorse I inspected the carb throttle plate and found it was not closing all the way. Removed the cover on the rear axel and adjusted the cable going to the carb. It took several adjustments and test drives but it works as advertised now. I want to thank you guys for the help.