ezgo wont start-floods

pork

dad has an ezgo with 2 cylinder engine. it failed to start the other day and im lost. i dont know the year or where to look.first off here are the symptoms. you push the gas and it just turns over. sometimes it will start really rough and then clear up when up to full speed, but may or may not start again. here is what ive done so far...check fuel pump by pulling line off carb, clean air filter, was clean anyway , installed new plugs, ckecked fire at plug by plugging up with plug out and turning over, fire seemed good on both cylinders. completely dismantled and cleaned carb. i did notice something strange in all this. when i had the breather assembly off, the carb would blow a mist of gas out onto your hand if held a few inches in front of it. there was a small puddle of gas in the breather. the cart has ran good in the past but failed to start a few times. now its all the time.
wallbash.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
sounds like the valves need adjusting, common problem with that engine. there is a step by step adjustment deal in the ez go resources section
tip.gif

pork

thanks nubs, ill give that a try this afternoon. when it said .006 was better for long runs, i think thats the one i should use as we are traveling around the farm a lot. we just got another ezgo a month ago too, should i run the valves on it as well?