ezgo won't run

jwallace

We have a 2003 EZGO electric cart that won't run!

My Mother in law disconnected batteries and brought them in for the winter. In spring, she tried to reconnect them and didn't connect them correctly. After connecting the batteries correctly the cart still won't run. I replaced all batteries (it needed them anyway) and the solenoid, but still nothing. Ignition switch, forward/rev switch, tow/run, connections and cables are all fine. I can't get intodiagnostic mode. Reverse alarm doesn't come on when put into reverse, but the switch is fine. Solenoid doesn't click.

I think it might be the controller, but I don't want to spend money on it if I don't have to. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks!!

jwallace

update - I took the controller apart and found a burned resistor. Neither I or the guy at radio shack could tell what size it is. Internet searches found nothing. I saw someone else in one of these forums had the exact same problem with no replies. I think this burned resistor might be my problem, but I want to replace it with the same size. If anyone has a picture (close up) of their Curtis 1206mx circuit board, please post it. Thank you.

jwallace

I'm pretty sure it's not the reed switch. I got the resistor changed and now I have a reverse beeper. It still won't move.

Any more ideas would be appreciated.

dougmcp

Good to hear you have it fixed.
thumbup.gif