EZGO With Short Run Time Could It Be Motor Brushes

RONNYZ

I HAVE AN 88 EZ GO THE BATTERIES RUN DOWN AFTER 4 TRIPS OF ABOUT 3/4 MILE COULD IT BE BRUSHES.I HAD THE BATTERIES CHECKED THEY WERE PERFECT. I HAVE 3 12V DEEP CYCLE BATTERYS IT USED TO GO 3 DAYS ON A CHARGE.HOW DO I CHECK THE BRUSHES DOES ANY ONE HAVE A BREAKDOWN ON THE MOTOR ASSEMBLY.THANKS MOTOR # IS GE 5BC48JB833 2HP,2800 RPM

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
bump1.gif

GarageBuilt

Before you tear into your motor!! Take your batteries to a auto store & have them load tested.The three 12-volts will not give you near the run time that a 6 or 8 volt will.Are your 12-volts a marine battery?A marine battery does not have the cycle life as a deep cycle golf cart battery.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm with GarageBuilt, three twelve volt marine deep cycle batteries will not hold up very long in a 36 volt cart. If you want to check the brushes you need to pull the motor. Normally if the brushes are bad or sticking the motor will get very hot. Check the A1 terminal for excessive heat. If it's not hot after driving the cart a few minutes chances are the brushes are fine.

Andy4639

RONNYZ,

I HAVE AN 88 EZ GO THE BATTERIES RUN DOWN AFTER 4 TRIPS OF ABOUT 3/4 MILE COULD IT BE BRUSHES.I HAD THE BATTERIES CHECKED THEY WERE PERFECT. I HAVE 3 12V DEEP CYCLE BATTERYS IT USED TO GO 3 DAYS ON A CHARGE.HOW DO I CHECK THE BRUSHES DOES ANY ONE HAVE A BREAKDOWN ON THE MOTOR ASSEMBLY.THANKS MOTOR # IS GE 5BC48JB833 2HP,2800 RPM

Just how did you check the batteries to begin with? If they showed good and you are only getting a few miles out of it then someone told you wrong. I hope you didn't pay for them to be checked. The brushes aren't going to kill the motor unless you have abused the motor or it's very old. If it just started all a sudden I would say it's the batteries.
twocents.gif

RONNYZ

I HAD THE BATTERIES CHECKED AT THE BATTERY PLACE HE DID LOAD TEST THEM EACH WERE 1000 WHERE THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO BE SAID IT WAS NOT THE BATTERYS.I DO HAVE 1 WIRE THAT GETS HOT FROM THE POSITIVE AT CONNECTER TO BOARD THEN THE WIRE TO CONTROLLER THEN TEES OFF TO MOTOR,VERY HOT AFTER DRIVE.SO COULD IT BE BRUSHES????