EZGO With New Engine and No Spark

rbdaves

‘99 EZGO GAS 295cc Robin engine.
New engine, no spark. I checked the coil and pulser and they were ok according to the user manual. I shined up all the grounding points on the cart and checked them and they were all good. I had to run two wires around the ignitor plug due to broken wires. I then checked all continuity and the wires to the pulser and coil now are continuous. The only thing I could do with the ignitor was to be sure it was grounded and it is. I put a test light between the coil primary `lead and battery ground and got a solid light when cranking. Got the same thing on the other lead. This doesn’t seem right. Is the ignitor bad?
I would also like to find the connector that slides into the ignitor plug. Anyone know where I might find one of these? ditto for the slide on plug for pulser. The original plugs look dirty and suspicious.

Tomd

Cartaholic
You can still purchase the wiring harness google this part number 70595G01.
I buy from country cat ( $ 64.33 ) which is an ezgo dealer or straight from Augusta. There was a problem with these not making good contact.

Wish I could say they still have OEM ignitors but they don't.

rbdaves

Any luck getting this fixed?
Still busted. I had engine running and then it qyut, I found and fixed broken wires, replaced ignitor and pulsar, checked pulsar and coil and they are within specs. Replaced carb and coil about a year ago. I traced all the grounds and continuity. Nothing works. I am lost.

renfrotr

I'm no expert, but I'm having the same problem with my EZGO having no spark. From some of my research, the ignitor and ignition coil need to match, meaning that if I have an ignitor with MCI module and an ignition coil without MCI module, it won't work. Just a thought.

Metalhead 55

The quality of igniter and coil you purchase is a huge factor, i bought 4 Chinese coils off Amazon, 3 were dead in the box, i ended up buying a Red Hawk igniter for $100 Red Hawk is a Taiwanese company, so the parts will be a much higher quality, i also purchased a Red Hawk ignition coil from my local Ez-go dealer, he swears by the company, i paid $140 way way too much, but he guarantees the part and that means more to me than anything, yes i could of got the same Red Hawk coil online for about $80 but it was the last part i needed to get my cat going. Another thing, check your voltage regulator, a bad regulator will fry a Chinese igniter and coil in a minute and your money will go down the drain and your headache will continue to persist, so that $15 part is the first thing i would check and replace if it's bad, 9 out of 10 times, your spark problem will not be the pulsar coil, check the ohms should be between 19-21 with .1-.3v AC and you can test for a pulse with multimeter set on 20v DC with motor turning the meter will jump from 1v - 3v that proves it's pulsing, next grounds are crucial especially at the metal plate that the regulator, igniter and solenoid attach to, I'm running a wire from negative on my battery to that plate, as an extra ground. Oh and remember, if you get a weak spark, don't worry spark gets brighter under the compression in the combustion chamber, like a glow plug on an RC nitro engine. I got mine running, needs a little work to get it tuned, but it runs good. Hope you get yours going and let us know if you do, we need every bit of info on how to solve this issue. Thanks

rbdaves

Please advise part number and description if you can for the Red Hawk Ignitor. Also need description and part number for the coil.