EZGO TXT Low Speed Surging

Bad News

EZGO TXT with Robin 295 engine, cannot drive slow speed, bucking/surging. Seems like it shuts off, move the pedal slightly and it bucks, sometimes it back fires also. You just cannot go slow, it bucks and shuts off and restarts.
Maybe adjustment related? Cables, micro switch?
2 cables on the rear, 1 to the pedal and 1 to the carburetor.
Runs good under power, just off idle and trying to go slow it is annoying.

guitarman

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Could be idle adjustment or throttle linkage adjustment. Backfiring is probably unburned fuel. I always start by adjusting valve clearance on the robin engines.

Bad News

It was a cable adjustment, the right combination required some trial and error. Runs good low speed now. Too bad now it has a nice sized oil leak on the fan side somewhere.

Bad News

Coming out as somewhat as a spray about halfway up the block, between the block snd the plastic fan cover. Covers the gearcase and front of the muffler with oil.
Cleaned off and running half throttle i can see it kind of spray out

Bad News

Cover gasket is good, had it off to ck lash.
Was looking at a seam between a alum cover and the block as well.
Waiting for a manual so i can see a cutaway of what is behind the plastic fan shroud so i can get an idea what it could be. If the only penetration on that side of tbe block is the crank the prob the crank seal.

guitarman

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
If you get in a bind and start looking for a motor I have a ‘99 295 that runs that I would be willing to part with