Resource icon

EZGO TXT Electric Golf Cart Wiring Diagram - Series

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
HotRodCarts submitted a new resource:

EZGO TXT Electric Golf Cart Wiring Diagram - Series - EZGO TXT Wiring Diagram Series Golf Cart

EZGO TXT Electric Golf Cart Wiring Diagram - Series

Note:
E-Z-GO used different Curtis controllers on EZGO TXT Series Golf Carts, controllers with and without the A2 terminal we're used. The A2 terminal was used for "Plug Braking" and EZGO stopped using it at some point.

Here's the difference in the wiring on E-Z-GO TXT Golf Carts With an A2 Terminal On the Controller and Without an A2 Terminal:

E-Z-GO golf carts that came from the factory without the A2 terminal on the controller have the cable from the A2 terminal on the motor connected to the "C" terminal on the forward and reverse switch.

E-Z-GO golf carts that came from the factory with the A2 terminal on the controller have the cable from A2 terminal on the motor connected to the A2 terminal on the controller and a separate cable connected from the A2 terminal on the controller to the "C" terminal on the forward and reverse switch.

If the 4 terminal controller is replaced with a 3 terminal controller the two cables can be bolted together to make the cable long enough to reach from A2 on the motor to the forward and reverse switch. Or a new longer cables is needed to reach from the F/R switch to the motor.

The rest of the wiring will be the same as shown on the wiring diagram.

ezgo-txt-wiring-diagram-series.gif

Read more about this resource...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Plug braking was a feature EZGO used that never really did much of anything. Basically if you were going forward you could shift to reverse while moving to slow the golf cart down. It also worked in reverse by shifting in to forward. Back when EZGO was using Plug Braking a lot of guys disabled it by using the direction included with the wiring diagram. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It depends on the model the EZGO is. On a Marathon the controller is mounted between the batteries and on a TXT it's mounted in front of the right rear wheel well

Bobby Majors

Where can I find the wiring diagram for the 1205 series controller. did not see any on cartaholics web site. The controller that i need help with is a 400 amp controller 1205-117. need diagram to find how to wire the motor and controller to the forward and reverse switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Go to my site under schematics or manuals very top of the page and red Curtis controller troubleshooting

Mr ezgo

When I bought my 2002 EZ-GO txt 36 volt pds some one had replaced the wires with ones not clearly marked. I had to put a new motor in and this is a rats nest of wires. Side note none of the wires were hooked up they were ran but not hooked up. What's the easiest way to figure out what's what and the proper placement of the wires. I am ready to pull my hair out