EZGO TXT Charging Port Shorted Out and Started Fire

Bill Davis

Hello,

I have a 97 EZGO TXT. My daughter decided to stick a wrench in the charging port which shorted out and started a fire. Luckily the baby girl was uninjured. After extinguish I found all wires from the charging port were melted. I removed the remaining wires and assumed it would still ride until I had a new port put in but will not operate at all. Looking for suggestions as to where to start on what else could be damaged. Thanks in advance. Bill

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Not good, thankfully she was not burned! I am not your guy, there are some electric whizzes that will be moseying around here through out the morning, stand by for news.

Zman

Cartaholic
Check the small wire coming out of the back of receptacle , i believe it is red with a white tracer , disconnect it and you test for battery pack voltage. If no voltage reed switch inside receptacle is blown. you may have damaged something else causing a short that blew the reed switch. get a 10 amp fuse and power up the small wire and see if it runs.....post results.

Bill Davis

As of right now, I have no wires coming from the charge receptacle to the cart. I was thinking it should still operate without this just would be unable to charge??