EZGO ST 350 Troubleshooting

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
We have installed 3 different carbs and the same issue with all 3 carburetors on a EZGO ST 350

Jack it up and put it in neutral and run it wide open for 40 seconds and it stops running but still is turning over on the starter. If I keep it turning over for about 10 seconds it will start up but every 40 seconds it does it all over again. When it is turning over and not running the fuel filter is still full with fuel. Any ideas on where I should start troubleshooting?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Is the tank vent working? The fuel filter and bowl can be full and still not get fuel. Have you adjusted the valves and checked compression? Are you sure your not losing spark?

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
No we havent talked about this cart yet. The compression on this cart 165 and 175 not the greatest but not bad.
I don't know if its losing spark or not. I'm looking for a mci ignitor to switch out to see if its that.
If its valves adjustment why would it die in 30 to 40 seconds?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
it wouldn't, not with compression like that. i've had MCI ignitors act like the club car rev limiters when they go bad, fire and die. :dazed:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Check the spark with a in line spark tester, only 10 bucks if you don't have one already.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
The other motor your talking about that we have talked is fixed just waiting to see what was wrong. I had it re ringed I think the oil rings were bad.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Well it doesnt quit I'm still turning the engine over then 10 seconds it starts again. If i stop turning it over when it stops running then it always starts after so I need the inline test to see when it stops running if its still sparking unless I'm missing something?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i'd put it on a gravity feed IV tank and try it, ya gotta keep knockin' things off the list. it could be somethin' in the timing, i had a few that the drive sprocket on the balancer would get loose and chew up the keyway and throw off the cam timing. try the bottle first but i'm thinkin' its in the timing.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
the list is long. It is to consistant to be timing I think. the gravity feed before or after fuel pump?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
IV to carb, get everything out of the system. if it works then start adding the fuel pump then the stock tank.