EZGO Speed Control Problem

Loy

My 2008 EZGO TXT electric golf cart has speed control issues lol.
When I turn the key and push the pedal it goes slow. I can turn the key off & back on & it will run normal speed until I stop & press the gas again and then it goes slow again. I can also flip the forward/reverse switch to nuetral & back to forward & it'll go fast until you stop then go again & it goes slow.
Any suggestions on what it is & how to fix?

Loy

Unfortunately no I haven't, haven't had time. But I might know what it is. I'm thinking it's the speed control sensor which is located behind the left rear tire. I'm gonna try to check it this afternoon or tomorrow. I will be glad to let you know as soon as I do check it.

Loy

And that assumption is totally based on researching and has zero to do with my knowledge lol.

Zman

Cartaholic
Remove the speed sensor from back of motor and check that the magnet is still attached to shaft. Some times they fall off and can cause false or intermittent signals

Loy

That's what I intend to do. That's the part behind the wheel with the retainer clip holding it in correct?

Loy

Ok, I checked & magnet is in place, don't see any problems & couldn't find a good way to test speed sensor but one troubleshooting guide said to check solenoid & if voltage was the same on both sides then it's the solenoid, said it should have a minimum of a 3 volt difference, mine was 36.95 on battery side & 36.35 on other side so I ordered both lol. I think the speed sensor will be here Tuesday & the solenoid Wednesday. I'll let y'all know which one actually fixes it if one does.

Loy

No I did remove the speed control & inspected the magnet. It looked fine & I didn't feel any cracks or anything. It was funny tho, I almost canceled my order because when I put it back together it ran fine and after several attempts to get it to act up again it finally did but it's less often now when it was every time u turned the key or lifted off pedal & came to a complete stop it would go slow until I turned the key off, lifted foot off pedal, fliped ignition back on & it'd take off again lol.

Zman

Cartaholic
I would have removed the screw in the center and removed the magnet so i could see if it was loose on the plate. If it is use a expoxy glue and reattach it.