EZGO Speed Control Problem

Loy

Checked the magnet, seems fine, replaced speed control sensor and still the same. Solenoid wil be here tomorrow & I'll let y'all know if it works.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Ok, I checked & magnet is in place, don't see any problems & couldn't find a good way to test speed sensor but one troubleshooting guide said to check solenoid & if voltage was the same on both sides then it's the solenoid, said it should have a minimum of a 3 volt difference, mine was 36.95 on battery side & 36.35 on other side so I ordered both lol. I think the speed sensor will be here Tuesday & the solenoid Wednesday. I'll let y'all know which one actually fixes it if one does.
I think it should be a point three volts 0.3 volts. if the solenoid doesn't fix it I have another idea

Loy

Solenoid didn't fix it. Still doing the same thing. I can turn it off & back on & it goes fast until u stop then slow again.

Diode

Sounds to me like something is supposed to release on pedal up so that would either be the throttle switch and or the solenoid so if the throttle switch it still activating the solenoid then it would stick on I have controller troubleshooting on my website download your controller and do some checks

Loy

Might be a stupid question but the troubleshooting guide is for an ezgo dcs mine is a txt does that matter?
Which I might have one for a txt downloaded on my computer if it does.

Diode

I was thinking more of the Curtis controller troubleshooting so you can check the voltage of each pin on the controller

Loy

I'll check it later today but I replaced that controller a few months ago, doesn't mean it's not the cause tho.

Loy

After going through the troubleshooting guide it's come down to the ITS (inductive throttle sensor) or the main controller. I've ordered the ITS & it will be here tomorrow. Hoping that's it because I replaced the controller not too long ago. I'll let you know when I get it & install it.

Loy

Unfortunately that didn't fix it ether. Only thing I know it could be now is the controller. I replaced it with a rebuilt one 8 months to a year ago so I'm gonna run it like it is for a while & one day I'll buy a new controller for it. Don't use it a whole lot & mainly just run around the yard with it so I'll just flip it on & off again to make it go fast lol.

Loy

I know the solenoid was part of the troubleshooting process, not sure if it was checking to see if it released or not but I replaced it last week.

Diode

Just because a solenoid makes noise doesn't mean it's energizing or releasing, and I was referring to not only physically, but electrically whether it was being energized and staying energized and not releasing that would point to a specific problem replacing a good solenoid with a new one doesn't mean anything