EZGO Series or PDS Golf Cart

jsbigone

I picked up an 85 EZGO electric golf cart. From what I've found out is this is a series cart I'm assuming because batteries are hooked up in Series? Is this a correct assumption? I'm also guessing it has to be a EZGO Marathon golf cart? It is Metal.

Another Question is the Cart PDS? Did They have PDS back Then??

Thanks in advance for any information and I'm looking forward to participating in the forum.

Oh yeah I also need a service manual for the golf cart. All I seem to find is 1990 and later!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Your cart would be a series cart. The PDS and DCS carts also have the batteries wired in series. It's the motors and other electrical parts that are different on the regen carts like a PDS etc.

jsbigone

Thanks Bro,

I guess I'll take some pics of the motor and battery compartment tommorow and post. Maybe you could tell a little more about her. She is old and kinda ugly, but atleast I dont have to worry about others hittin on her!

Big John

jsbigone

Appreciate that Dirty. Im sure i'll be asking some stupid questions so bear with me Bro!

I'll buy you a beer one day.

Big John

jsbigone

Thought i'd take some pics to see exactly what i got.

GolfCart001.jpg

GolfCart002.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Looks pretty solid considering its age. The frame looks good around the batteries and that's usually where the older EZGO's have problems. The left/drivers side battery rack looks a little rusted. Other than that it looks pretty good from the pictures. :thumbsup:

jsbigone

Thank you for all your help. One of the problems I'm having is when i hit the accelerator it is not a continuous feed. I have to kind of play with it. It will jump and lurk.

This may sound crazy but the sound coming from right rear sounds like air pushing out. Then it will take off like my pit after a cat. I really dont know what the sound is, and I know its not air pressure, but it has that hissing sound.

jsbigone

I have checked the resource section for a tech manual for my cart. 85 marathon. Cant seem to locate one. Ant Ideas?

Big John