EZGO S4 - Lithium vs Gas?

CC268

EZGO S4 - Lithium vs Gas?

Hey guys,

I shoot sporting clays (shotguns) competitively and I'm thinking to buy a golf cart to get around the courses. I really like the new EZGO S4s, but I'm not really sure whether I want lithium or gas. It would be garaged and I would transport it to and from the range in the bed of my F-150. The dealers seem to really like the new Lithium carts - essentially maintenance free and the new Lithium carts will go 55-60 miles. That's a ton of range. I was originally set on gas, but it's looking like Lithium might be the way to go. Maintenance free, no oil changes, plenty of range, etc.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

CC268

This has been my argument, Lithium is just too expensive right now IMHO.
Yea I can get a really nice brand new S4 Gas with all the goodies for under 15K out the door. Electric is 18-22K depending on what I get. At that price, I'd just buy a Polaris Ranger.

I'm looking at used carts too, but lithium is new to the game and trying to find a nicely used Lithium cart is a bit tougher.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Not sure where your getting the 18 - 22K price from... THis is a 5000W with a lithium battery for $10K
and will be literally worthless in 5 years when it falls apart and you can't get parts or service info. You get what you pay for.

Personally I would go electric be it lithium or lead, unless you absolutely need the range and quick refuel times. The new EFI gas golf carts are far more complicated and parts can be very expensive when they break.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
My Club Car Onward is still worth 2/3rds it's MSRP 5 years later, so total cost of ownership is cheaper than the Chinese piece of junk you are shamelessly attempting to peddle. If you want to sell your golf carts on this site you should be registered as a sponsor.

tacoduck

I’ve owned ezgo L6 gasser and the l6 lithium elite. For what I paid, the gasser is the better deal. Lithium is nice in that I don’t have to do maintenance, and it is quiet on the golf course when I’m playing night golf🤣.
That said, I paid 11k for my gasser, and 17k for my lithium, and the lithium isn’t 6k better. I’m also concerned about lithium fires, and am worried that 8 years from now I might have to buy a new battery. The gas engine is old tech and tends to last forever. My .02

Zman

Cartaholic
As an owner of fleet of rentals, gas is the way to go because my customers are too lazy or just dumb they won't keep the batteries charged. But if i had my way lithium would be my first choice. No noise, no chokes, no fumes, no maintenance, no gas. Just charge and go. As new courses get built and old courses upgrade their clubhouses you will find only electric carts, That is my observation of what is happening around my area. I can see gas being used in utility carts for hauling /maintenance of courses, etc.

Zman

Cartaholic
If Biden gets elected again say good by to gas carts. I think they are not allowing them for new golf courses in CA. Only Electric , just like lawn mowers and tree trimmers , stoves, cars, trucks, my mothers gas powered pumps for her irrigation systems, You know just the little things.