EZGO RXV Voltage Reducer Wiring

WolfRockCart

Hi,

I am brand new to the forum so I apologize if this has been asked previously. I have searched for the answer but I didn't see it. I know how a simple circuit works but not much more than that.

I have a 2013 EZGO RXV 48 volts battery set up. I just purchased a Rhox 20 Amp voltage reducer and a fuse box for 12v accessories. In the wiring diagram it says connect the Yellow wire to a toggle switch. (not the key switch). There is not a toggle switch other than the run/tow switch. So if anyone has any answers to these questions (I would greatly appreciate it):
  • Has anyone had to install an extra toggle switch to install a voltage reducer?
  • If yes, where did you put it?
Thanks for the help!

This is the wiring diagram...
Wiring diagram2.png.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I would think you would need to add a toggle switch for the voltage reducer. Sorry for the late reply. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
On my website I think under Schematics I have a wiring diagram for a relay The relay could be actuated by the keyswitch and act as a toggle switch for you that way turning the key on and off would shut off the voltage reducer
Most likely the key switch actuates the negative line and that’s why it cannot be used directly with the voltage reducer