EZGO RXV Gas Golf Cart Won't Start Sometimes

Bobby G

I have a 2012 EZGO gas golf cart. I recently put a new battery in it and changed brushes on starter but sometimes when I hit the gas it won't start it just hums. Sometimes if I push the pedal a couple of times it will start running fine again until I stop again. Has anyone had this problem and what do I need to look at next. Thanks in advance

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Next time it only hums keep holding the pedal down and turn the drive clutch with your hand and see if it starts to turnover, if it does more then likely there is a bad spot on the armature.

Bobby G

Ok i will try that once i get home and also want to recheck how tight the connections are because I read alot of posts on here about wiring problems.

Bobby G

I tried that but now the battery is dead. I just put a new battery in 2 weeks ago. Can you think of anything that could be the problem?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Charge it and if it starts check to see if its charging, starting to sound like a charging issue. Could be a draw on the battery but lets chase one problem at a time.

Bobby G

I took the battery out and going to take it to the local golf cart place where I got it from and get them to test it or replace it with a bigger one