EZGO RXV Common Problems

JRay

Cartaholic
28 pages on BGW. Looks like they helped you out. So what are you here for besides to bitch? :dazed:

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Didn't mean any harm by my post, just don't understand what you meant :) bgwild is a limited forum.

cartboy

No need to incite the locals, but when I first came here, and linked to the thread on BGW, they would not post.

I understand forums, so understand that for a newbie, links not working does not mean that anyone did anything wrong. I also know how forums get monopolized by regular who develop a relationship newbies don't have until they pass the grade.

But, I kept trying and never was able to share here by linking. There's an older post where I said that, m/l. If I could have edited, or delted this thread, which the OP can do on some forums, I probably would have.

But, in the event there are folks who tune in here because they have similar problems, like through search engines, it's goof that's it's still here.

When I first encountered the 2008 RXV problems, I had inherited the maintenance of a 60-cart fleet in May, 2009, and at a prestigious club. I came to the Internet looking for help, others having the same experience, hoping for answers, but it turned out I was the one providing the answers, although it took a couple of years.

If anyone is at a golf course, and in charge of maintaining a fleet, I am very anal at record-keeping and documenting, and suggest that you be, too. I have not had to use it, but the BGW thread is an excellent log of our experience. It documents what and when.

I am now having problems with auto-fills in Club Cars at my Winter course, and so far am getting stonewalled on it just like E Z Go stonewalled the problems with the RXVs.

In addition to the solenoid problems, they also had autofill problems, and that was stonewalled until they had to replace 117 batteries. More needed to be replace, but an well-known golf course management company entered the picture and was able to use thier influence to get EZ GO to redo the lease and replace the 2008's with 2012's.

Which, BTW, still have the solenoid failure problem.

Anyone can get ahold of me by PM, I assume.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
yer a daggone diplomat sometimes i tell ya :hattip:

BGW has this forum blocked so I assume that was why you had a problem. The only time them boys come over hear is to steal a wiring diagram or search for answers to questions they can't answer.

cartboy

OK, here's where I've been documenting the last , what, ten years?

RXV Auto-Brake Problem III

Battery life and Warranty

Battery Auto-fill Systems

At least for now, those links are working.

cartboy

I have no knowledge of whatever the issue is between the two sites.

I'm just trying to share 10 years worth of hands-on experience.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I test drove 3 new 2017 EZGO RXV's last year and they were way to noisy for me. The motor whine was terrible on all 3 carts and none of them rode good.

Like I said you're welcome to repost your EZGO RXV experiences on this forum.

cartboy

It didn't work out here nine years ago, and it didn't work out now.

I just stumbled onto it today, and thought I'd try again.

It, obviously, would be crazy to try to "repost" hundreds of posts here, for whatever purpose.

Bye

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It didn't work out here nine years ago, and it didn't work out now.

I just stumbled onto it today, and thought I'd try again.

It, obviously, would be crazy to try to "repost" hundreds of posts here, for whatever purpose.

Bye

What exactly didn't work out for you here 9 years ago and didn't work out now? You linked to 3 posts from another forum not 100's? You could of easily copy and pasted those 3 posts in the same time than it took you copy and paste the links. :dazed: :hattip:

spydie

I have a 2013 EZGO RXV Electric golf cart. Was playing a round, cart was fine, got out and putted come back cart would not go either direction. switched the 2 connectors where I could push back to cart shed. When I turn it on I hear the clicking and the back up buzzer works. I do not however here the louder click when I push the accelerator. It is like the motor is not activating

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The louder click would be the solenoid. If the solenoid isn't activating the golf cart won't run. There's a link in the EZGO Resource section of the forum where you can download a EZGO RXV service manual and it will have troubleshooting and testing procedures in it. I don't know enough about the EZGO RXV golf carts to offer much help with it.

HK94

As an independent dealer, I have embraced the RXVs and have sold and serviced quite a few. It is true most golf courses have not moved up to their levels yet, but it is worth it. First if you are taking on rxvs, then it is necessary to by the programmer to read the codes. Then spend the money to get a service manual to get the codes and fixes. Most of the problems are with the brake assy, and also the charge plug assy. The brakes are just part of the carts. but the charge plugs are two problems. The first is lack of battery maintenance and the diode wire on the charge harness corroding into. This is the grey wire from the charge plug with the large black end on it at the positive post. This has a diode in it, and just cutting it off and wiring it back to post will not turn the charger on. The 2nd problem with the charge plug is it has a printed circuit in the plug on the back of the charge receptacle. It does not like lightning, and I suspect most of my failures I have seen are related to that. I change a couple a month because of these two problems. The 3rd problem is harder to find and and repair. Slow impulse speed, when batteries are good, and voltage is correct. You have to look at motor temp and rpm to see this as it does not throw a code. The computer thinks it is going fast when it is actually creeping. The fix for this to replace the motor brg/speed sensor. This is mainly for the internal sensor, I have not had an external sensor fail, these can be changed with out pulling the motor. If you are just a user , get it to a repair shop that knows RXVs.