ezgo questions

kayakman15

I'm a newbie restoring a 1993 Marathon controller cart. I've replaced both sides of the charger plug and had the charger checked by a cart shop. It is charging great, the batteries test good and have plenty of water. Also replaced the contact board on F/R switch. The cart will run but has very little speed in forward, approx 5mph or less. Slightly faster in reverse but not much. Drove it around the block several times, batteries seem to be holding a charge. Is this speed typical?

Also, the steering seems to have a lot of slack in it, almost a quarter of a turn. Is there any kind of adjustment?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

The top speed should be around 12 mph. What's`the total battery pack voltage?

For the steering have someone rock the steering wheel while you look under the cart to see where the play is. The steering box doesn't have an adjustment.

kayakman15

When I charged it the first time the charger showed 42.5 dc volts after the charger had shut off after charging for 2.30 hrs. I recharged after driving it yesterday, I'll check the voltage directly at the batteries with a volt meter today. Will check the steering linkage also. Thanks for the reply.

kayakman15

Charged cart and charger shut off within 30 mins, immed readings were 6.6-6.5 on each batt and 39.4 total, dropped to 6.2-6.3 and 37.4 after approx 2 hrs

kayakman15

don't know, do you mean drive it for awhile then stop and test the voltage or I have a load tester that will put a 100amp load on the battery. I tried that before I even charged the batterys and they all returned to their original readings after the load which as I recall was about 6 volts right on the line between replace and good (not a digital scale)