EZGO Moves Without Pressing Pedal

Rickstir

I have an EZGO/Textron cart Serial No. 483301, Manu. No. G1288 that moves without pressing the throttle pedal. I have searched for an electrical schematic with no luck, hoping this could help run down the problem. Any ideas? Also I was thinking cart is an 1988?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Rickstir

Ok, I removed the micro switch to check. Turned on ignition switch, engine turns over. I pressed the switch lever in and engine quit, so not switch problem. There must be something missing, broken or out of adjustment on the pedal that depresses the switch so it does not turn over when ignition switch is moved on. This area is hard to get to and also hard to see exactly what is supposed to look like. Is there something I can purchase that has detailed pictures of this area?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If there's not a diagram in the resource section of the forum you can buy a service manual for that specific year golf cart and it would have a diagram.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Sounds like everything is working and just the switch is out of adjustment, if i remember right that switch is in left front of the engine compartment. i think there is a adjustment bolt on the bracket the switch bolts to.