Fis5255

Can anyone tell me what this unknown part is? And where I can find a replacement? It is off of a 1980's EZGO Marathon golf cart.
img_1324-jpg.419

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Is this part from a electric EZGO? It's hard to tell by looking at the picture but it appears to be a relay. Where was it mounted on the cart? How many wire connectors does it have and do you know where the wires that were connected to go on the cart?
Is there anything mechanical on the outside of the plastic cover or is it just a cover?
Welcome to the forum.

Fis5255

Thanks for replying. Yes, it is off of an Electric EZGO marathon. It was wired between the solenoid and the accelerator switch?, It had 1 blueish green wire that went to the bottom of it with two prongs. There is nothing mechanical on the outside, just the plastic cover. Has two prongs on the bottom of the part in question - one wire in, then back out. I am putting new batteries in within the next few days, I considered just bypassing this relay, or whatever it is, but don't want to damage anything in the process. I can also try to get some more pictures to explain. Thanks again for the reply.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Can you post the manufactures code and serial number so we can figure out what year the cart is?
What color was the wire hooked to the other terminal?