ezgo marathon stays going

mdtjewelry

My 93 Marathon 3 wheel cart wouldnt stop while i was driving. The cart seems like the accelerator is pressed fully down even when it is completely up. Also when you cut it off and remove the key if it is switched to forward or reverse it goes full speed. I just purchased the cart and put 3 new batteries in it, but have taken it for several drives since then. What could be the problem?

mdtjewelry

What i meant to say is where can i order 1 from and how hard is it to install. Im new to golf cart world so its a learn as you go thing for me and any help is much appreciated and desperately needed

ftfixer

twocents.gif
don't know a whole lot about a marathon or an electric cart in general but while you are checking it out you may want to check the micro-switch under the floor mat . i have seen these short or hang up and could contribute to your problem also. don't know about the solenoid though how would it make it run wide open.i don't know and not questioning any ones oponion because like i said i don't know much about electric carts but am ready to learn. chech the spring under the cart on the accelerator linkage make sure it is not broken or hanging.i started 1 at at work 1 day and it started wide open and almost drove through the wall.

mdtjewelry

I thought it was something witht the pedal so when i got it back in the garage i turned it off and took the key out. I took the seat off to see if i saw anything and when i did the seat pressed the lever into drive & it took off & WHAM! right into the wall taking a 3' work platform with it. Suprisingly not a single dent in the cart.