EZGO Marathon Repair Manual

heallen

I have searched and came up with nothing. Where can I find a repair manual for a 1984 EZGO Marathon electric golf cart? I have a parts manual. I don't care if it's digital, pdf or print.

oldcartbldr

If you're looking for a step by step repair manual good luck. They don't exist. Is there a particular issue you are trying to resolve, or maintenance you are trying to do ?

heallen

Just bought my first cart. It had a few issues. Really nothing that I can't figure out. It usually pays to have a service manual for best practices. I will be changing the speed control board as soon as I have time. Always nice to have a guide.

oldcartbldr

The best thing you can do to that cart is upgrade it. It's an old resistor cart and many of the electrical parts are no longer available or hard to find. I am currently restoring an early 80's Marathon. If the funds are there, invest in a new controller, solenoid, and pot box accelerator. You'll be glad you did. Not sure what your using it for, but upgrading is money well spent, IMO.

Bruce

heallen

I've thought about upgrading. You can still buy all of the electrical parts for the resistor system. I just wanted something to save some walking to my shop next door.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I may have a EZGO Marathon Service Manual in PDF format at the shop I'll take a look Thursday. There's a wiring diagram in the resource section of the forum. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

oldcartbldr

There you go heallen. Knowledge is invaluable. I will post some pics of my rebuild when I get them off my phone. I have seen some of these "manuals" list as high as $80 on line. The forums are one of your best sources of info, and there are many, many people who are willing to share that knowledge....

Bruce

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I thought I had a PDF but I only have a hard copy of a EZGO Marathon service manual for a 1984. Anything in particular you need help with?

heallen

I replaced the speed control board and replaced all of the control circuit wiring. All is well, well as good as it can be. Thanks

Corey_w

The best thing you can do to that cart is upgrade it. It's an old resistor cart and many of the electrical parts are no longer available or hard to find. I am currently restoring an early 80's Marathon. If the funds are there, invest in a new controller, solenoid, and pot box accelerator. You'll be glad you did. Not sure what your using it for, but upgrading is money well spent, IMO.

Bruce
I have an 84 that I wanted to do the controller conversion on. Is there a particular cart, or carts that I can get these stock parts from? And what about the wiring for the added items?

KarenNoel

I may have a EZGO Marathon Service Manual in PDF format at the shop I'll take a look Thursday. There's a wiring diagram in the resource section of the forum. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Do you still have a copy of this? Looking for one for 1993 marathon

Texas Old Fart

Bruce
I have 1980 ezgo. Is that upgrade available in kit form? Where can it be purchased, in kit form or by item?
Sorry If hijacking thread.
Thanks TOF