EZGO Marathon or Medalist Rear Leaf Springs

RaceBizz

Hello to everyone on Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum.
I just got my first Golf Cart and am getting slightly addicted to looking for things to do to it. Now my question is, I was told and truly believe this is a 1994 EZGO Medalist but could it be a EZGO Marathon? My problem is. I bought this cart just recently and the rear springs were sagging and the leaf spring shackles was layed out to the back . So I figure not a problem it just seems to have to long of a leaf on it. So I order new heavy duty Medalist springs and put them on and then it is doing it again. So I contact who sold me the springs and he says I must have a Marathon so I will send you out those springs, which they did promptly. So I try to install them and there is no way that both springs will go on. The center pin will not line up or even come close on the mounting plate. The distance between my hangers is 25" . Does anyone have a solution? Thank You

RaceBizz

That is what I thought. Then why is the Shackle laying out to the back? Would bad shocks cause that? Thank you for the quick reply.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No the shocks wouldn't effect the ride height or the shackles. How much of a angle are the shackles on? Can you post a picture? If your having problems you can email me the pic and I'll post it.

RaceBizz

Ok I even got the Marathon springs on it is like it has a lift kit on the rear now. But it will still lay the shackle out if I hit a good bump. But here are some pics with the medalist springs on it. The Marathon springs lay out just like the pic. The marathon springs are an inch shorter than the Medalist. But the shackle still sits on about a 30 degree angle backwards, so the spring is farther back than the hanger.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Where did you buy the springs. The Medalist uses the same spring as a TXT. I would say they sold you the wrong springs.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I just measured a stock TXT rear spring and it's 27" center to center. I don't have a cart here right now to measure the distance between the hangers...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Hmmm, That should be the right length. I'm not sure what the problem is. Does anything look bent at the front or rear of the springs?

RaceBizz

Nothing looks bent at all. I know it really does not make a difference but the only thing left is shocks really, or are the shackles too short do you think. I just cannot see the shocks affecting it that way. Thank you for all your help by the way. I am stuck on what to do. I wish I had another ezgo around here I could measure the hanger length. Although nothing looks like it was cut and re-welded. This is a mystery, hopefully we can figure it out.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Maybe someone with a TXT or Medalist will read this and give us a measurement form center to center on the hangers. If not I'll measure one this weekend and let you know on Sunday. Ususally on a stock cart with stock springs the shackles will angle back some but nothing like yours are.

Bull

I have a 94 Medalist and the distance between the hangers is 26 1/2 inches, center of hole to center of hole.

RaceBizz

Thank you bull. That is what I just got from an EZGO dealer also. so I must have frame damage, but it is the invisible kind no stress no paint cracking or no re-welds. I think you would be able to see1 1 1/2" worth of damage. Oh well thank you all for the help.