EZGO Marathon Intermittent Power Loss

Dbabbs

I recently purchased a 1992 EZGO Marathon 36v cart. I am having an issue with losing power. As I am driving at times, usually when I let off the throttle, like when going down a hill, it will not start going Again. It also has stopped when I have stopped at a cross street. If I wait a couple minutes sometimes it will take off again.

Two batteries are dated 7/22 and the third is 6/22. When I fully charge the cart, the two newer batteries check at 13.53 and 13.61 v and the “older” battery checks at 12.44 v. The cart has a new solenoid and fully charged, also checks at 39.3 v at the POT, in both forward and reverse.

Yesterday I took off with a fully charged cart and drove probably 1 1/2 miles circling the block. It stopped and I had to pull over and luckily it did take off again after a minute or so. ( tried turning the switch on and off and shifting from F to R in that time). Not really sure what might be going on but not confident driving it if I have the possibility of getting stranded.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Usually the solenoid is the culprit in this case. Hook up a multimeter with some clips to the output side of the solenoid and ground and go drive the golf cart until it won't go, and see what the voltage is when you hit the pedal

Dbabbs

Yesterday I was trying to stress the cart a little. I was ran it for almost 15 minutes, stopping and starting, accelerating and coasting, etc. it then started jerking a little as I was driving. Could that be the POT?