EZGO Marathon Heavy-Duty Forward and Reverse Switch

classycarts

Cartaholic
Mounting is different. But the cam, contact plate and micro switches are the same in both. Just remove what you don't need off the HD switch and install on your Marathon.

Great! Forward and reverse work. The only thing is when I connected the reverse buzzer. It buzzing when I'm in foward position as well. I was thinking its wired wrong. I replaced the wires the same as they were removed from the old switch. I'll send the pictures

Attachments

• 20200906_150702.jpg
    20200906_150702.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 62
Having problems with reverse working. Solenoids clicks in but not engaging. If I slowly depress pedal sometimes it engages and works. Any suggestions?

I replaced the controller today. No change continues the same. Solenoid clicks and on occasion reverse engages. Potentiometer was replaced a year ago.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Make sure the arms on both micro switches are fully opening and closing when shifting from forward and reverse.

Micro switch are opening and closing well. I connected the red wire to both with same way it came out of the box. Now nothing works. I replaced the micro switch for the reverse side driver side. Now just touching the wire I'm getting sound from buzzer with cables removed from negative side. Im grounding the just by touch. Key in the off position. Louder when i touch wire to negative battery cables. With the key on foward works, no reverse, no buzzer. Thinking its a cable that crossed. Also thinking i had a bad switch. What's crazy is that there's power going to the switch with the negative cable's removed in all positions.
20200911_181846.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
My guess is something isn't wired correctly. There's a EZGO Marathon wiring diagram in the resource section of the forum, Id take a look at that and double check the wiring.

Ok after viewing the diagram I see the solenoid has no pos or neg orientation. Its a HD Rodgers 36volt. The diagram shows neg wire connected to terminal facing f/r switch. I have a pos wire from the battery and a neg connected to terminal facing the controller. Diagram shows just the opposite. Don't know if that would make difference. Diagram also shows S1 and S2 in different locations.on the motor. Should I switch the wires at the f/r switch or the motor first. I'm leaning towards the latter. Please advise.

The way the solenoid is wired may be the reason why the reverse buzzer work in the f/r position with the neg battery cable disconnect. Just thinking.🤔

No change after switching the wires on the solenoid pos and neg location. Reverse buzzer still buzzing with pos cables disconnected and key in off position.

Switched the S1& the S2 wires now i have reverse but no foward. I'm going to remove and recheck the F/R switch. So far I've changed the ignition switch, controller, and the F/R switch. The reverse buzzer on the diagram is connected to a M4 switch that's connected to a separate pos and neg connection. I have a M2. So I'm thinking on leaving it disconnect. All wires are connected as per the diagram. Any suggestions?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Are you taking into account that the forward and reverse switch is flipped upside down in the wiring diagram compared to how it's mounted in your golf cart?

Ok I flipped the wires and now I have reverse in the forward position and no foward in the reverse position. 🤔 Maybe I have a bad F/R switch? Solenoid clicks in both position.

Finally got it working. Removed the the 94 f&r switch and removed the cam contact piece. The contact copper bolts are thick but flat. On my 93 HD cam contact bolts are thick w/hump. So I used my 93 cam. Replaced everything back following wiring diagram and now I have foward and reverse. I want too send a big thank you Hotrodcarts for responding to my struggles. I now have this wiring diagram memorized. My next project is to install a quick plum 13hp Bandit motor and some lithium batteries. This all steel cart is going on a diet.

Here's some pictures of my cart. Finally got running. The motor is 13hp plum quick Cobra motor. I previously mentioned a Bandit motor, my bad! I have more torque and mph. My short test run with bad brakes i got it up 27mph. I remedy the brakes issues following day. Waiting for my lithium batteries. I going to install a cut off switch from my battery pos terminal going to coil & controller there's current continuously even with neg battery cable disconnected that will help from draining the batteries. Ok i want to lower the roof in front 3-4 inches, will also need to trim the wind shield. Need suggestions?

Attachments

• 20200926_173639.jpg
    20200926_173639.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200926_173449.jpg
    20200926_173449.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 19