EZGO Marathon Forward and Reverse Switch

Foytfan

I'm new to this so bear with me. Just bought a 93 EZGO Marathon golf cart. The guy I got it off of said the forward and reverse switch was bad but he had a new one. So I took pictures of the old one and drew out where all the wires went. I took the old one off come to find out the new switch was the wrong one. It has the two single switches instead of a single and a double. So i put the old one back on it works for a little bit. Then it starts acting weird to go you could push the pedal only once as long as the pedal was down it would go as soon as you took your foot off the pedal you would have to switch into neutral then into gear forward or reverse to go. Pulled it back into the garage this way then went to move it and it does nothing no forward no reverse. So I have two questions can I us the forward and reverse switch that he gave me (two single switches) and is there a way to test forward and reverse switch?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

It sounds like the contacts are bad in the F/R switch. Use the double micro from the old switch. The micro switchs are held on with 2 small bolts.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No the switch wouldn't cause the battery problem. How old are the batteries? Usually short run time is caused by one or more bad batteries.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Make sure they don't need water. Give them a full charge and wait a hour or so and test the voltage with a digital meter on each battery. Post the voltage readings...

Foytfan

Got the switch changed last night same thing put it in forward will go untill you let off the pedal then won't go untill you put it in neutral then back in forward then it will go again same for reverse. This is on a brand new forward and reverse switch with the old double switch put on it. What else would cause this and how do I test this?