thumbup.gif
usaflag1.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
thanks, just a work/play cart. not into all the plastic chrome and decals
wacko.gif

AirJunky

Hey Nubs,
Just lookin thru your pics trying to pick up details. Can you clarify & made any suggestions?

Cool that you were able to mod the stock engine bracket to work with the twin. And great pics of how you did it.

Looks like you opted to run the stock Marathon generator/alternator? So the output shaft on the engine needs to be long enough for both the clutch & the generator belt pulley? I know some of the engines out there have alternators in them, some low output, some not. Is your method more reliable? Any idea if there is any significant HP loss?

And stock muffler, modified exhaust pipe?

What did you do for the air intake?

Any video of it running? Times? Speeds?

Good stuff. I've thought about doing just this with one of the Honda Clones in my Marathon.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i only used the stock ez go drive clutch with a stiffer spring, the PTO on that engine was for a generator with a taper. i turned the crankshaft in the lathe and cut it to the m-30 taper like the ez go, i didn't use the ez go generator. i used the stock muffler and it worked good and was quiet in the woods, i did go to 1" on the tail pipe after that picture. used the stock air box so i could ride the WI/MI state trails. it has the stock 12:1 gears so only runs 35 or so but will climb a tree
rotflmao.gif

AirJunky

Sweet. So what do you currently have going on in front? See any point in upgrading to an IFS on the Marathon?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
that one just has blocks on the rear of the spring mount, it was that way when i bought it. i put coil overs on front and back, arms are nice and worth the money if your handy with tools and have a welder. it all depends what kind of ridin' ya do.

AirJunky

Yea, we do a little on-road & a little off-road with the cart so an IFS would be nice.... along with a little more power. Not much available in kit form for the Marathon though...... that I've found anyway. I've seen a number of ATV suspension retrofits & like how they come out. Not sure I'm handy enough with tools to pull it off though.

Hey, saw an old post of yours mentioning a track / ski installation you did on a cart. I'd be interested in seeing more about that too.