EZGO with New Solenoid and Batteries Doesn't Run

rabbitffa

We purchased a 2005 EZGO TXT 36 volt with the PDS speed controller and we have looked at manuals and replaced the solenoid and the batteries but this cart still does nothing and doesn't run. No beeps, no movement, no nothing can someone give me a lead of where to go. I hate to buy more parts and it be something i am just missing. Thank you for your time.

Sharla

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Start by checking the total battery pack voltage with a digital volt meter and post your results. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

rabbitffa

36v is the battery pack voltage. I checked voltage to pin 6 j1 and its 36 but when pushing the pedal it does not drop out. No voltage to pin 7 j1.

Test foot pedal...open when not pressed closed when pressed when key is on and in fed or rev...

Thank you all for any help.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
36 volts is considered 1/2 dead:twocents:

StateOfChargePercentages.jpg

Glen Batchelor

The charged pack voltage should be closer to 40V than 36V. 36V is close to "empty" due to how deep cycle wet cells behave. You should still have enough juice to trigger the solenoid and get the controller to respond, though. The charging port reed switch can get stuck. Try disconnecting it?