EZGO Golf Cart Stopped Running Possibly Overheating

Poolguy74

After installing new batteries and a new set of 4g wires on a EZGO golf cart, my cart ran better than ever. Bounced around my dear lease for hours at low speeds and had plenty of battery left. Over 1/2 by meter, Then. my golf cart stalled and stopped running. It would power up but not enough power to pull it self. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and then it ran fine the rest of the day. Could this possibly be the solenoid or controller overheating or could it be something else. I checked my cables when it happened and none of them were warm or loose. Thanks for the help guys

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What year is the cart? Is it a DCS, PDS or Series? It sounds like the controller was going into thermal shutdown/overheating. Running at slow speeds will heat the controller up...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The PDS controllers have a feature called limp mode. Some problems the controller senses will put the controller into limp mode. If the cart went into limp mode it should have beeped through the reverse buzzer. Try putting the cart in diagnostic mode and see if you get any codes...

Poolguy74

I tried that when I got it back home and got nothing Had the buzzer disconnected when it happened. Animals don't care for it much. I plan on slowly upgrading the controller and motor one peice at a time. As cash allows it. Sound like controller will be first.

hitmanharleyk

Can you run a PDS cart with the back-up buzzer disconnected ? I was thinking I read that in itself would cause you problems.

Most folks recommend taping over the buzzer with Duct tape to quieten it. I put a foam ear plug in mine and then taped over it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
A PDS cart will run fine with the back up buzzer unhooked but you can't hear any codes when you put the cart in diagnostic mode. I usually go with the tape over the hole in the buzzer...

Poolguy74

I am going to muffle mine this week. I was waiting on my battery meter and power outlet to come in before I went into the front of the cart.