EZGO Golf Cart Project - I Need a Wiring Diagram

matt75

When i drug my electric EZGO golf cart project home all electrical parts had been removed so I need a wiring diagram. I was given 4 12 volt high cycle batteries by a desiel mechanic that i believe were for starting big trucks. I'm thinking I need deep cycle batteries not high cycle? I've also got a 36 volt fleet speed motor, a 400 amp controller that a coworker gave me. Its made by evc canada and was an upgraded controller he took out to install some stuff he got from Buggies Unlimited. It has three large terminals on the end labeled b-, b+ and m- and a 5 pin plug with I/o next to it. I have the forward and reverse switch thats the type with the rotating disc and micro switchs on the back of it. Last but not least the throttle sensor, its the type with the rod that moves through the coil. That's about it so if any one can lead me to some wiring diagrams and some guidance i would greatly appriceate it.

matt75

ps. ive been told the cart is a mid 90's to early '00 ez go. the cart did not come with a dash so i cant tell the exact year.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Matt,
The batteries you need would be 6 volt Golf Cart batteries. You can use 3 12 volt batteries but your run time would be short. Just make sure whatever batteries you buy are golf cart batteries.
By looking at the pic of your cart and by the parts you describe you have a TXT fleet cart. I thought I had a wiring diagram here for that style cart but I can't seem to find it LOL... There is also a manual in the resources section that covers all the parts and part numbers for your cart. The manual shows it's for 2003 but the wiring and electrical parts haven't changed

I'll see if I can find a wiring diagram for you.
Also if anyone has a TXT fleet wiring diagram could you please post it.

Thanks, HRC

matt75

anyone ever come up with a fleet txt golf cart wiring diagram? the ones that are already in the tech fourm are very helpfull and i can probably make due with them but if someone has the txt fleet diagram that would be great.

thanks, matt

matt75

thanks HRC. the only diffrence is that my controller dose not have an A2 terminal. do i just leave this wire out or does something diffrent need to be done? also my f/r switch is missing one micro switch so all thats there is one switch, the backup horn, handle, and the aluminum disk the micro switches press against. i think something else is missing because there is no other terminals to attach wires to.
thanks for your help
matt

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Yes the A2 is for plug braking and you don't need it. As far as connections on the F&R switch the only places their are cable/wire connections will be the 4 contacts, 2 micro switches and the reverse buzzer. If you need it I can take a pic of a complete F&R switch this weekend and post it Sunday night.

Matt here's a link to the EZGO TXT Series Wiring diagram
EZGO TXT Electric Golf Cart Wiring Diagram - Series

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Okay that F&R switch is for a DCS cart. That's why the wiring diagrams don't look right. If that's the switch off of your cart then it is a DCS cart. If the motor you're going to use is a fleet (series wound) motor you'll need a fleet F&R switch and a series controller. I'm not sure what the specs are on your controller.

matt75

there is a drive control system sticker on the side of the body so i guess it is a DCS. how would i find out the controller specs? all it says is 36-48V 400A. when i got this cart i thought how hard can it be? now im just plain confused. so plain and simple, what route should i go to make this thing go?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you still have the stock motor it's a shunt motor that was used in the DCS carts. Basically you need to decide if you want to keep it DCS or convert it over to series wound (fleet) cart. Do you know what kind of cart the controller was in? Was it a ezgo? Was it a fleet cart?

matt75

the motor and controller came out of an ezgo but i dont know what kind. i know its not a marathon but i dont know the year or model. the motor was the stock fleet speed motor and the controller is an upgraded one that was a direct replacement for the stock one. the motor i got from him looks exactly like my stock motor so his might be a dcs also. he cant tell me over the phone because hes a golfer and a golf carter. to get anymore info on his ill need to go to his house and look at it. sorry for all the trouble but i do greatly appreacite the help and time your spending on this subject.

matt

matt75

hey HRC, do the shunt type motor and the series wound fleet motor look the same? my stock motor is missing the tag but looks exactly like the one i got from my co-worker that is labled fleet speed.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Do you have the part #? Does it have wires on the closed end of the motor? Is it a Advanced DC brand motor? It's been a while since I've looked at a DCS motor.

matt75

heres what the tag says

ADVANCED DC MOTORS INC.
PART #73124G02 PART #A95 4005A
36V DC CLASS H S# 93033
RATING AV2500 FLEET SPEED

with the motor standing on end with the spline faceing up, the S1 and S2 terminals are on the side of the body [black] of the motor and the A1 and A2 terminals are on the side of the end bell [aluminum] directly under the S1 and S2 terminals with the motor standing on end. does that make sense? :unsure:

matt75

ok thanks. that must mean that the motor will not work in my dcs and my co-worker doesnt have a dcs. so sense i have a good fleet motor and controller out of his cart, i need to find a fleet f/r switch and convert it over to what ever he has. sound like that will work?