EZGO golf cart battery charging

fuzzi4844

My friend has a gas cast (not sure of 2 or 4 stroke, model, or vintage - but can find out if instructed how), which has a chagring problem. Runs good, but after awhile, won't turn over, til recharged. How can I trouble shoot it, or any thoughts on what the problem is?

ftfixer

tip.gif
sounds to me that the voltage regulator is not working as it should this is probably why you can charge the battery and after a short time it will not start because the battery is being drained. unplug what should be a green wire on the starter do not remove the wire from the starter but there should be a connector on the wire. use a voltage meter to check the voltage on this wire if there are more than 13 or 14 volts this is probably your problem. hope this helps let us know and we can dig a little deeper if needed.
usaflag1.gif

nwksgolfer

I have the same issue with my 2002 EZGO. I checked the voltage at the battery with the throttle about 25% and got about 14.5 volts. Should I replace the battery or voltage regulator? Thanks

ftfixer

tip.gif
14.5 volts is a little high you may want to check the voltage regulator you can use the same procedure that i refered to earlier.
usaflag1.gif