EZGO Golf Cart 3PG Engine Fuel Pump Issue

Brenson

I have a EZGO golf cart with a 3PG engine that has a fuel pump issue. I've had my engine out for a few weeks for various repairs. Before putting everything back in the chassis, I'm removing the electric fuel pump in favor of going back with the type pump it came with which mounts onto the crankcase. The new pump came with the o-ring already in place but no insulator gasket or plastic spacer. Since the PO had made the switch to an electric pump, I don't even know how it's supposed to look like with the factory pump installed. Nobody seems to carry the insulator spacer, just the gasket. Is this something I could fab myself out of a piece od sheet plastic? If so, how thick should the spacer be and would it need to be the same shape as the insulator gasket and with the 3 holes in it? My cart is a 1990 with the 3pg Robin engine...it has not been modified except eliminating the oil pump system in favor of pre-mixing and the E pump which is fixing to get undone.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm not sure of the thickness of the spacer. Have you tried Vintage Golf Cart Part or Buggies Unlimited? They still carry a lot of the EZGO 2-stroke parts.

Brenson

Buggies only has the gasket and Vintage lists both but indicates the insulator itself is no longer available. At least by showing it, I could zoom in on the picture and get a pretty good idea what it looks like. It appears as the same shape as the gasket only thicker, perhaps about a 1/4 inch. The one they picture is black and appears to be bakelite material. I figure I could go ahead and order the gasket and then use it as a template to fab the insulator out of a piece of plastic. I wonder if I need two gaskets or one? Seems like you might need to put a gasket on each side of the insulator, but if just one side, which side? Thanks for the tip, I now know what the insulator should look like.

Agemdaddy

You don’t need two gaskets cause on the bottom of the fuel pump there is a rubber gasket. But my question is were you able to pre fab the spacer. I have scoured the internet and called several places and no one has one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil Rogers

Cartaholic
I have made several insulators out of a cart windshield. I had my doubts about if it would hold up to the heat, but none have failed yet.
Like Agemdaddy said, you use only one gasket between the insulator and the block. The O ring on the bottom of the pump is the seal to
the opposite side of the insulator. I used a gasket as a templet and use my drill press to control the bit a little better