EZGO GAS GOLF WONT START

huds

I HAVE AN EARLY 80'S EZGO GAS GOLF CART THAT WONT START, WONT MAKE ANY NOISE AT ALL WHEN TURNING THE KEY ON AND DEPRESSING THE ACCELERATOR. I HAVE CHECKED THE CONNECTIONS TO THE BATTERY AND START AND SOLENOID AND ALL ARE GOOD AND TIGHT. WHAT SHOULD I LOOK AT NEXT. COULD IT BE THE SWITCH?

jimbo54435

Check the microswitch down by the accelerator, it may be faulty or just sticky. Also check the inline fuse that runs from the starter solenoid to the key switch. Is there voltage at the key switch? Just a few suggestions.

huds

I HAVE GOOD POWER AT THE BATTERY AND AT THE IGNITION SWITH AND TO ONE SIDE OF THE SOLENOID, BUT STILL NO NOISE WHEN DEPRESSING THE ACCEL.

ftfixer

Do yo have a starter generator if so what about the brushes also make sure all of you grounds are clean and not corroded.

racerjim0

On my '83 the switch is in the engine compartment, on the front firewall, at the bottom and is kind of hard to get to. I guess thats why the previous owner of my cart, put a toggle switch next to the key switch, eliminating the micro switch. The switch is ok but a little bit of a pia. I really need to fix that.
edit: the micro switch puts 12 volt to the relay, with the pedal depressed you should get 12 volts to the small terminal on the relay