EZGO Freedom Golf Cart Wiring Diagram

notto

I acquired a 92 EZGO Freedom electric golf cart with no batteries. I inistalled 3 car batteries and it runs fine. However there are several wires presumably for accessories with large ring connectors that obviously go to battery terminals but aren't shown on the wiring diagrams. They are large gray, large black, large green and large white wires and a small black wire with what looks like a fuse holder in the middle. Can anybody tell me where they go, what they do and what voltage they need, or supply a wiring diagram that shows them? I'll remember you in my will.

dougmcp

Accessories, SOC meter and battery charger.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the green is ground for accessories 12v, small black is positive for accessories, larger black and white are for the charger 36v.

notto

Excellent! That's 2 accounted for (green & small black). The black & white to the charger receptacle are already connected. Any idea about the gray and the other black & white?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Its been a long time since I've worked on a Marathon Freedom model so I'm not much help.
You could always trace them back to the other end and see what they're for. May be the safest way...

pabafou

I just re-wired a Marathon with that same wire harness. The gray wire is for accesories & terminates on the front end of the harness and is connected to nothing. My problem was no ground even with green connected to battery negative terminal. Turned out the connections inside the harness were corroded apart, had to butcher the harness right where it goes thru frame beside the battery & add jumper wires over too-short (after cutting out the corroded area) cables.