EZGO Engine Cranks Over But Will Not Start

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
What is the voltage at the igniter when the engine is turning over? what is the voltage on the battery when the starter is engaged?

there is something simple causing it not to fire in my option or the new igniter is bad. There was a guy on here a while back that was pulling his hair out and it ended up being a bad battery, just because it turns over does not mean there is enough voltage left to power the igniter:twocents:

richard harris

Ok did you do a resistance check on the coil wire. ( curious if that came with your coil or you had to reuse the old ) also you should see a spark everytime you turn the flywheel open and close sensor.

richard harris

What is the voltage at the igniter when the engine is turning over? what is the voltage on the battery when the starter is engaged?

there is something simple causing it not to fire in my option or the new igniter is bad. There was a guy on here a while back that was pulling his hair out and it ended up being a bad battery, just because it turns over does not mean there is enough voltage left to power the igniter:twocents:
research whats the correct voltage on the coil. does it have a resister in line, or is it suppose to be 12 volts. check voltage drop when cranking like nubs was asking.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I would start with the basics, Compression test and checking valve clearance. .004 on intakes and .006 on the exhaust
Compression needs to be over 140psi with the carb butterfly held all the way open with your hand.