ezgo electric

bayouranch

over christmas kids must have did it in, when I connect the charger it does't do like in the past and show how much charge is needed and when it is connected to the charger it won't make the backup noise.

I have checked the voltage and most of the connections and I am lost, batteries are good and charged, tried two chargers and they both behave the same way(no reading on the meter when you hook it up,

thanks for any help.

One thing you can check is Behind the female part of the charger plug you will see three screws holding it together. Take that apart and see if the terminal is coroded. Alot of times that terminal gets coroded in there, therefore breaking the circuit and not let anything happen!

I mean that just one thing you can check. Sometimes the electric carts can be a real pain to try and locate whats the prob. If you need anymore let us know!!

bayouranch

I tried that , thanks, but it looks ok, I was looking for the reed switch someone mentioned and never found it. but it doesn't look like the problem is there. I think it has something to do with all of the kids on it over the holidays, but what could they have done , other than jump it off of everything lol. the wiring harness for the lights looks disturbed but surely that only works on the lights.

dougmcp

Start with a digital voltmeter and check your charge.
It sounds a little like the batteries are discharged to the pint where the charger will not come on.
You should have a charge of about 38.2v on the total pack.
The reed switch is a small magnetic switch located in the charge receptacle that disengages the system while the cart is charging, if it is not connected, nothing will work.
To determine if you have a PDS cart or a series cart, tell us where the F-N-R switch is located, rocker switch on the dash or handle by your knee?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Like Doug mentioned check your total pack voltage. The charger will work with a bad reed switch so you may have more than one problem. It sounds like you have a bad connection or bad cable. Double check all your cable connections. Clean the connections inside the charger plug and receptacle. Make sure the little metal tab inside the DC cord of the charger is making a good connection with the contact (radsock) in the receptacle on the cart. Follow the white and black wires from the charger receptacle to the 2 batteries on the passenger side and make sure both wires are connected to the batteries and are clean and tight.

bayouranch

1395053 h101

I think it is a 2001, not a 2005 like I thought, it was thrown in as part of a farm. It looked nice so I had them add it to the deal,

I'm not real good at this but I think my voltage was 37.89

dougmcp

Yes, it's a 2001. The voltage is good enough to test things, it's at 90% charged.
Does it beep (backup alarm) when you have the key on in reverse?

bayouranch

when you push the accelerator the cart makes a clicking noise, but won't move.

yes it beeps when the charger is not plugged in.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Okay you have a series cart. Did you check the white and black wires that come from the charger receptacle an connect to the 2 batteries on the passenger side of the cart like I mentioned earlier? Check those and all the other cable connections on the batteries. Take your digital meter and check the voltage on the contacts in the charger receptacle and post those.

bayouranch

went out to check the golf cart and now will go in forward, but no noise when put in reverse, and wont do reverse.

after trying reverse it wont do either forward or reverse.

so after a while I got the noise to come back on and it will go forward but i am afraid to try reverse again it will shut everything down again,

is it the contacts in the forward reverse lever?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It sounds like the contacts are bad. Check the micro switches also to make sure they're riding on the cam like they should. Make sure all 4 cables on the switch are tight. Chances are good your going to have to pull the switch and replace the contacts. If the board looks burnt you might as well replace it to. You can also go with heavy duty buss bars in the forward and reverse switch while you have it apart. It will help keep the switch from getting hot.