EZGO Electric Golf Cart to 24 HP Honda V-Twin Gas Engine Conversion

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Grizzly what special mods did you have to do for converting it to gas? I am doing an electric to gas conversion and am just about done but I still need to do all the little stuff like hooking up throttle and coke cables, f/r cables etc. Did you have to weld a mount on to the metal seat frame to hold the f/r bracket? Did you have to replace the pedal box with a gas one?

Grizzley

Yes I had to replace the gas pedal linkage,I used the FNR bracket with a window motor to make a push button shifter and mounted the bracket to the rail that holds the shocks. I had to change out the rearend. Take all the battery box out and that was about all that I had to do to make it just like a gas cart.

MokanCraig, I used the hubs from an older ezgo,and the braking mechanism plate from an electric ezgo rearend and the drums from an older ezgo. I fabbed my own backing plates and cable holder and welded them to the spindles. And fabbed a springloaded catch on my brake pedal and attached the cables from the older ezgo to actuate the front brakes.
Gregg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The cart is looking good... :cool:
I haven't seen you here in a while, I thought you deserted us... :unsure: :D
Good to hear from you. How's the engine been running? Anymore more problems with mis-firing?

OlBoy

Looking good. You should be proud with all the custom work you have done on it. Do you have any close up pictures of the front brake setup?

Grizzley

Hey thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it. I kinda hate to put a pic of mine up when Fairlane's cart is around... I agree with Gorno, I get that O,O,O,o,o,o...feeling when I look at the pics of his cart. Especially how clean the engine compartment is. LOL

Rod, its good to be back, The cart is running great, its amazing what a grass seed can do, especially if its in the main jet of your carb!!! I have been a little under the weather, but I'm feeling pretty good now. Its 66 degrees outside today, two days ago it was 28 degrees.
2moro is supposed to be in the 70s. Man I hate that kind of weather.

Olboy I will try to get some close-up pics for you if you would like.
Gregg

Grizzley

Here is a final list of ingredients of "Pretty Nasty";

01 TXT custom painted (reptile scales) body and frame (electrical cart)
02 rear end w/Jacob Lowery Traction Control System
aftermarket custom painted 8" drop front axle(bonecrushers old frontend)
pre-runner front bumper with 2 6" kc dayliters
Gabriel front shocks
Custom front rack
After market front and rear light kit w/brake lights
2000 lb winch with diamond plate guard and remote
4 wheel drum brakes
Custom built show bars with canopy, removable windshield and rear view mirror
After market steering wheel cover
Custom built diamond plate instrument panel w/ electronic led compass and temp display
after market key switch/ kill switch
Custom built highback seat back
Custom louvered trunk lid w/ thermostatically controlled cooling fan
24 HP Honda conversion with custom spring kit in clutch
Custom headers
Monroe rear Air shocks
4" rear block lift
2" shackle lift
4 22x11x8 ITP mudlites on custom painted stock rims + 2 rear 26x13x9 chevron type tires
16 1-3/8" Steel Lug Spacers
12 volt deep cycle Marine battery

Over 4800 dollars invested. Shes now up for sale or trade.
Gregg

Grizzley

I used the hubs from an older 83 ezgo,and the braking mechanism plate from an electric 2001 ezgo rearend and the drums from an older 83 ezgo. I fabbed my own backing plates and cable holder and welded them to the spindles. And fabbed a springloaded catch on my brake pedal and attached the cables from the older ezgo to actuate the front brakes.

I looked up the parts on BU, they have everything except the older(steel) hubs.
Gregg