EZGO Electric Golf Cart to 24 HP Honda V-Twin Gas Engine Conversion

Grizzley

Grizzley's 01 EZGO golf cart electric to gas 24 HP Honda V-Twin conversion
Just trying to get the pic up first... will have more to come. with the new gas rear end installed...
with the first Honda engine...

Grizzley

I wanted to tell the story behind this cart; before I aquired it, it was an electric powered utility cart at a nearby golf course named StoneCrest. The property where StoneCrest stood was originally a coal mine. I will explain a little further for those of you that are not familiar with mining in the Appalachian Mountains. Hill top removal is a type of coal mining that does exactly what it says, the top 100 to 200 feet (sometimes more) of the mountain is removed to expose the coal. This leaves a large flat section at the top of the mountain. In this area, there are several reclaimed mines that have been transformed into useful properties. One of which is the local airport in Martin Co., and another is the golf course in Floyd Co. where my cart came from.
It seems that a worker, probably a little disgruntled left the cart parked close to the edge where there were no fences and forgot to set the parking brake. Needless to say by the time it reached its destination at the bottom this little cart had seen better days. A local cart shop purchased it from the golf course to salvage its electrical parts and batteries. I struck a deal with the shop’s owner to remove the electrical components for him, for the frame and body. The frame was warped upwards at the rear and both axles were broken. But the body was fine. With time, effort, a little money and a lot of help from a great friend, I now have a 2001 24 HP EZGO gas cart. This story and pictures just proves how tuff the EZGO carts can be

Grizzley

Your absolutely correct TNG, the seats are from a Subaru Brat. I'm looking for another set, if someone knows where I can get them please let me know.
Gregg

Grizzley

Just tested it out Sunday, it did fine except for a few clutch buggies, those will be fixed soon. And those Damn Brat seats are comming out ASAP.
They are hard on the trail and the roids.lol
Gregg

oldriverking

That's a great looking job! You might consider the bass fishing seats from WalMart. They're cheap and have plastic frames--I think they would work well for you.

Grizzley

I now have FRONT BRAKES!!! With stock rims and no spacers needed.
Has any1 else done this? If so, please post so we can compare ideas.
Gregg

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Were you able to put a clutch on the electric rear end? I was wondering if it is possible to do. The gas and electric ezgo rearends look awfully similair.

Grizzley

No, I had to change to a gas rearend. Update... I havent done much to her except paint the front cowl and fab a rollbar and a canvas top. I wish I could find high speed gears for the rearend cheaper tan 300 bucks... Damn BU!!!
Gregg

Grizzley

No we built it. Its made of 1" EMT electrical conduit pipe and it will endure a flop over but I dont know about a complete roll over. I flopped my cart over hard last weekend on a hillside and it didnt even bend it at all. Its all sleeved and welded tight, and it mounts to the original top mounts front and rear. I bought the 90 degree bends and sleeved them and welded them and then heated the front ones and un-bend them a few degrees to work with the front mount.
Gregg