EZGO Electric Golf Cart Squeaks When I Let Off the Throttle

HoosierHogg

My EZGO electric cart squeals or squeaks when I let off the throttle and it gets louder when I go down a hill. It's not noticeable when I'm accelerating. Any ideas?

gornoman

First time on a forum? Let’s start with year and model if cart, and whether it’s a Series, Sepex, or AC drive system.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I would say it's either a bad output shaft bearing or a bad bearing in the motor. Loose castle nuts on the rear brake drum/hub can also cause a squeak when coasting. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

HoosierHogg

I just put a new rear axle and rear hubs on it. Plus replaced all the bushings. I'm not much of a mechanic but I'll try to figure it out.

golfcar2000

Cartaholic
Some people report that a PDS car will squeal while decelerating. Is the FNR switch on the dash or under the seat?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Okay then it's a series system not a PDS. I'd check the hub nuts just to rule them out. The torque spec is 90 ft lbs then tighten more if needed to get the cotter key in. If that's not the problem I'd say it's either a bad output shaft bearing or motor bearing. You have to pull the motor to fix either so check the motor brushes while the motor in off the golf cart. :twocents: